Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cat football

It's been a while, I know and many things have happened on many levels. But I won't bother you with the details for only one among them is really shocking. And that's the discovery that I play football. More precisely cat football.

Now before you go jumping to any conclusions, let me explain how it works: unlike with classic football, there is no ball but a toy mouse, preferably one filled with catnip. As you've probably guessed you will need one cat to play with and to set the rule of the game. Most of the time she'd play the role of a goal keeper (the position of goal of course changes according to her preferences) unless she assumes roles from other ball related sports such as tennis, baseball, volleyball etc.

While the cat is chasing the mouse around the flat, you role is mainly to find a terrain interesting enough (e.g. stairs) for her majesty to chase after the mouse and bring it back to you. Don't be fooled, it is a sport and you will sweat and she will win. Cats always do.

The reason why I was so shocked to discover I'm playing cat football is because I really don't like football (or any ball/group sport for that matter). I find it dull and completely uninteresting. And yes there have been many people who tried to enlighten me with their wisdom, convinced it's just a matter of explaining. Well, it's not. I tried to watch it many times with different people (playing was never really an option) and I'm not convinced. Accepting I don't like it was more difficult for other than me (no more explanations, please!).

But cat football, well, that's something completely else. Come to think of it, I think her majesty the cat is ready for another game.

No comments: